The City of Victoria Youth Council (CVYC) is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 programming year.
CVYC is a youth-driven, grassroots program that offers opportunities for civic engagement to youth who live, work, hang out or go to school in the City of Victoria. We believe that youth are key stakeholders and should be included in decisions that affect them and their communities as a whole. The CVYC is funded and hosted by the City of Victoria and is composed of youth ages 14-24 who volunteer their time to build their capacity as leaders and activists to bring about the change they want to see in their city. Please see the attached digital brochure outlining this year’s program priorities and topics.
Being a member requires:
- Interest and passion for issues relating to youth in the City of Victoria.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- A one-year commitment
- Being between the ages of 14 to 24.
- Living, working, hanging out or going to school in the City of Victoria.
- Attending weekly gatherings every Tuesday 6pm-8pm
- Staying in regular communication (email, Facebook or phone) with the CVYC Coordinator and other members.
The application process is not competitive. We accept new members until we fill up all the spots available. The City of Victoria Youth Council is committed to forming a group that represents the diversity of youth in Victoria. We strongly encourage youth of colour, youth with disabilities, young mothers, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ2+ youth and youth from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com